Deadline for Submission: March 27, 2017
Training Dates: PMT 1 - May 12-16, 2017 || PMT 2 – October 28- November 4, 2017
Download PMT application Form
The Network for Social Democracy in Asia is now calling for applications for the new batch of Political Management Training for Young Progressives, an institutionalized regional program that capacitates its young, emerging leaders from its ranks with tools that aid and advance their political work. Our network's training program also seeks to consolidate these young leaders to help advance collective goals in the future under their progressive leadership.
· Develop knowledge and skills of and promote social democratic values to young progressive leaders in the region;
· Provide a platform where the young progressive leaders can network and build relations with like-minded individuals;
· Impart appreciation of cross-country issues and/or agenda affecting the region today;
· Incubate collective action or project which the young leaders can share among themselves and to their organizations
Criteria for Participants
Ø Social democratic, socialist & progressive young leaders in Southeast Asian political parties and organizations
Ø Have attended national/advanced trainings from their organizations
Ø 20-35 years old
Ø 50-50 gender quota
Ø Endorsed by their organization and by SOCDEM Asia members
Ø Must commit to 2 consecutive trainings and assignments in between
Ø Can speak basic conversational English
The first cluster will be on the May 12-16, 2017 and the second one will be on October 28-November 4, 2017. All participants of the PMT are expected to be able to travel and commit to attend on the said dates.
Requirements and Procedures
A qualified participant must in the training must submit the following documents on or before March 27, 2017:
· Filled out application form (attached in this email)
· Curriculum vitae
· Letter of Intent in joining the training program (150 words, in English; format will be provided)
· Signed Endorsement Form from their organization
Applications per country are to be screened by SOCDEM Asia training group. Applicants will be chosen from among 10 nominations per country. Only 24 or 26 will be chosen to participate in the 2 SOCDEM Asia trainings each year.